Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Living on two different continents, traveling to Boulder again in March

One of my friends said that "once you cross the ocean you are always in the wrong side of it". So true!

I moved to Boulder in August 2006. I had visited there just once before that.

The move to a new country, environment, altitude, culture, society and marriage was exciting and very challenging, there I could say difficult.

It took a couple of years to find my place in the new life yet it still was a challenge. It was very helpful to find a warm welcoming community at the Columbine Unity church - I made some good friends there and I loved Scotts services, I loved the feeling there - it reminded me so much of my own spiritual center in Finland which actually was quite different from the church but still.... Not too much of a religion but esoteric teachings.

Finally when I had started my healing practice also in Boulder after getting settled there things started to get better. It is not just a work for me but the way of life which I so much enjoy.

Last spring I had to make a decision to move back to Finland for a while - there were many reasons for that.

This stay in Finland has lasted longer than I was thinking at first.

When I left Boulder last summer in June my plan was to come back in about October but I couldn't make it happen. Then I set another goal - in January. It didn't work either. Now I am positive that it will happen in March and I will stay for a couple of months before getting back to Finland for a couple of months again.

The summer in Finland is something that I wouldn't like to miss - there is so much light in the opposite of winter when there is no light at all at some point. The sunny days and nights are something that I really love, the fresh nature, green forests and fields and blue lakes everywhere.

My parents and my children are reasons why I need to live partly in Finland. My son is growing fast - he is 14years already - and my parents are getting older and their condition is getting worse. My father will go to a hospital next week - they will try to do angioplasty to his aorta. We all hope that everything will go fine with the procedure and the quality of his life will get better again.

After coming to Finland I have been missing a lot Boulder, the Columbine Church community where I felt welcome, mountains and not least my dear husband although we have had a lot of challenges in our marriage.

I am hoping that I or we can handle this way to live for a little while because I don't want to lose the opportunity with these beloved people in my life but rather have a way to be in touch and present at least part of the time with each one of them

No comments:

Post a Comment