Friday, March 22, 2013

Welcome spring and the sun!

It was vernal equinox a couple of days ago. Spring has officially come. I like it - a lot.

It has been exceptionally dark winter in Finland. Over few months period we had just 52 hours of sunshine measured at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. Oh boy - it is long time without sun showing up. People get depressed easily and turn inside.
When the sun shows up everyone is more joyful and smiles easier and even greets one another. What a difference it makes to see the sun.

After such a long time without sunshine it feels just so good to let the sun shine on my face and feel it, drink the light, get nourished by it. I can wake up from my winter cave and go out. It is so good to wake up in the morning when the day is dawning every day earlier, today it was at about 6am.

This is the third winter after my move back to Finland. It was a shock to live the winter time here because of this lack of sunlight. There was sunlight almost everyday year around in Colorado, Boulder. I miss it. Yet the summer is coming again and it is extremely beautiful in Finland in summer time and the midnight sun. Soon there is no dark time at all until the next fall. I love it. Nice summer nights full of light, birds are chirping, green grass all through summer and water in the lakes is inviting us to swim.

Now I enjoy this springtime, melting snow, sunshine, budding life in trees and the feeling of opening everywhere in the nature!



No comments:

Post a Comment