Monday, June 27, 2011

Life after Midsummer festivities


We are living the last days of June 2011. 

The summer has really started to blossom in Finland, everything is so luscious and green and weather is quite warm.  I am a big fan of these summer nights full of light, not so dark even in the darkest hours.

We had Midsummer festivities last weekend and people were enjoying it in many different ways. It is very quiet in town at the midsummer festival time. I stayed with my son at home and didn’t even go to see any bonfires which were burned near the lakes.  In the morning of June 25th I woke very early after a short sleep and went for a jog into the nearby forest and lakeside. It was so beautiful and silent, just birds were singing. Wind was totally calm and the surface of lake was so smooth and still just a couple of ducks were swimming there. Ah…  That was a heaven.

Midsummer is few days after the Summer Solstice and it is very energetic time. I have had strong dreams and weird feelings every once and a while. Here in Finland employed people are leaving to their annual summer vacations after the midsummer time. July is the main summer holiday time because it is the warmest time in Finland – usually. I am working and having some fun and off time whenever I can. Meeting relatives and friends all over Finland and attending to some summer events. I will lead some workshops too here in Finland in different locations and that is a lot of fun. 

Time to go now to enjoy outdoor life in this sunny Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment