Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How well we have loved?

This morning one client – friend – called me very early and thanked for a treatment that I did to her yesterday. She had got some insights about her situation and thought patterns.  She also read a poem that I had written in December 2004. It was a time when I was feeling strongly that I am love – I am loved. In the poem I had thanked Life – the Living God – about my daily opportunity to find love in me, the Love that had been hiding behind the curtains in me. 

Soon after the phone call I was reading my e-mails and specially one long one. There was once sentence that pulled my attention:
President Obama said, “What matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame, but how well we have Loved.”

I couldn’t help but I burst into tears when thinking of these two messages that came right this morning. How true that is! So many loving beings do I have around! – My family, friends and community here and out in the World.

A little while ago there was a lot talk about the Shadow Effect book and movie. There was one exercise in the program which I did while watching it. The idea was to think about one feature that I value in me. When I was trying to think about one feature I thought about being loving but couldn’t quite give value to that because it happened naturally – I don’t do anything there, it just happens – so I chose some other characteristic for that exercise. It is so weird that I was still thinking that I have to be active, do something, in order to give value to it. So often I feel amazed what has happened that I have so many loving people around – near me, never mind if we have some physical distance between us.

Love is – there is nothing to be done in it. Of course I can behave accepting, loving way, be active that way and I rather do so. How much better I feel when I act out lovingly than when I act judging, quarrelsome or any other “negative” way. Although acting out lovingly doesn’t mean accommodating others but being firm in my own space and place when needed. Also there I can express myself so that I don’t hurt others but just stay true what I feel to be true to me. 

How good it feels to be loving and to be loved. Obama is a wise man and a wise leader of a huge country and nation. All that matters is how well we have loved ourselves and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment